Each month, the Blended Learning Hub tackles a new topic like microlearning, gamification, or social/collaborative design. And, we connect each topic so you know how they relate to one another; enabling you to quickly make the correct design choices.
Each formal learning campaign is four weeks in duration; beginning on the first Monday of the month. Going well beyond the basics of the topic, we explore multiple practice areas relevant to learning, including:
- Design treatments and techniques
- Development tools and learning technologies
- Skillsets for modern learning professionals
- Influencing mindsets and impacting the learning culture
- The business of learning
- The future of learning
Influencing Mindsets: The Modern Learner
Start Date: April 3, 2017
After collaborating in the Hub this month, you will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of the modern learner
- Distinguish between push and pull learning methods within a blend
- Recommend strategies and approaches to motivate the modern learner
- Advocate for building and sustaining Personal Learning Networks (PLNs)
- Implement a design thinking approach to engage modern learners
- Create and sustain learning pathways for modern learners
- Develop a learning pathway on your career journey to Learning Architect
Upcoming Learning Campaigns
Each campaign begins on the first Monday of the month, and is four weeks long. At the end of the campaign, all curated and contributed content will continue to be available in our learning archives.
Exploring Strategies & Techniques: Microlearning
Exploring Strategies & Techniques: Gamification and Game-Based Learning
Maximizing Toolsets: Connecting with Learners Using Video and Audio
Connecting with Purpose: Global Learning and Virtual Teams
Immersive Learning: Simulations, Augmented Reality, and Virtual Reality
Learning Together: Virtual Collaboration Month
Mark Your Calendars
October 4, 2017 – Our first Perpetual Learning Conference will explore the mindsets, skillsets, and toolsets required for modern blended learning design.
This virtual conference will engage industry experts with community members, and be supported by a wide variety of microlearning assets! Check this space for more details.